Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dreaming


I had a dream a couple of weeks ago ~ one of those that I know mean more than just a restless night. I dreamed that I was at some sort of social function that involved the folks from church. I overheard a conversation between two of the women. They were talking, very animatedly, about "the mother". They seemed to be just enthralled with "the mother". And I knew that they were talking about what would be known as "the goddess" in wicca circles. It disturbed me greatly. So I spoke to the two women and told them that "the mother" was just the devil in female form.

Both women were very upset. I could see that one really took the information to heart and was greatly troubled by what she had been thinking and doing. It was like she had never before considered who this "mother" was. But the other woman was just angry. She told me that she never wanted to talk with me again.

At this point, I woke up. And I knew that this dream was really about me. I knew it was a message from our Father. I had been reading a series of novels dealing with pre-historic people who worshipped "the mother". And I knew that by reading this type of material I was opening myself up to influence by Satan and his minions. I got up in the morning and threw all the books away.

And then, a couple of days ago, it came to me that the message was also for others. It is so important to remember that what we feed ourselves is what we become. If we feed ourselves violent movies, or television programs with near explicit sex, or novels about occult matters, then it will influence our lives in negative way. This influence won't be overt, but will be a gradual numbing of our senses for what is right, and good and holy.

The Bible says: Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whaever is lovely, whatever is admirable ~ if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ~ think about such things.....Philippians 4: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment